Coffee is a staple in Wisconsin. How else are we supposed to get through the extended winter season? What was once the backbone of diners and your mom’s kitchen is now an art form. And there’s no better canvas than Wisconsin.
Here are a smattering of the 12 coolest coffee shops in Wisconsin.
- Black Cat Coffee House 211 Chapple Ave – Ashland, WI 54806
Our homegrown coffee haunt brings organic, fair-trade coffees to Ashland. As well as a hub for college students and locals alike.
- Acoustic Cafe, 505 South Barstow Street – Eau Claire, WI 54701
Live music on weekends is their calling card. Patrons enjoy espresso, gourmet coffees, fresh cinnamon rolls and scones, plus ice cream, beer, and wine.
- A Dozen Excuses Donuts, 1112 Tower Avenue – Superior, WI 54880
Superior’s first and only donut shop, serving hot, fresh donuts with gourmet toppings and chased down with fresh ground imported coffee.
- Angie’s Main Cafe/The Daily Grind 130 S. Main Street – Shawano, WI 54166
Sit at the pink 1950’s-style horseshoe counter for your gourmet roasted coffee.
- Anodyne Coffee Roasting Co. 224 W Bruce St – Milwaukee, WI 53204
A certified organic roasting facility and cafe since 1999. You’ll find seasonal specialties and live music at this local haunt.
- Bean Bag Coffeehouse 1621 Dorset Lane – New Richmond, WI 54017
Here sits the tastiest little coffee house in New Richmond with a full-service espresso bar, and the best breakfast in town.
- Brewdog Coffee 210 S Main St – Viroqua, WI 54665
Inside Bluedog Cycles, Here you can get your charge and your bike, from espresso drinks to locally made Wisco Pop, and all your two-wheeled gear.
- Community Bark Dog Wash & Coffee Bar 326 W Brown Deer Rd – Bayside, WI 53217
Step inside the Barker Lounge, a place to enjoy Alterra coffee, people snacks, and doggie treats. You can also get your dog groomed while sipping your morning java.
- Hotel De Ville 305 North Main Street – Alma, WI 54610
Three fully-restored historic buildings, built in 1867-1869 and 1938, make up the hotel. It’s charm on top of charm. Grab your morning fix and admire the authentic antiques.
- Door County Coffee – 5773 WI-42, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Our favorite summer spot doesn’t lose heat come fall, winter, and spring. Their seasonal coffees and hot breakfast keep us coming back for more, all the year round.
- Timshel Cafe, 124 W Wisconsin Ave – Neenah, WI 54956
Quaint, eclectic, and handmade French pastries. This is the stuff mornings should be made of everyday.
- Patina Coffeehouse – 610 Washington St. Wausau, WI 54403
Stop in for the morning boost, or an afternoon smoothie. Their hours vary, so call ahead. No sad faces in the coffee house.
Where are your favorite coffee shops in our great state? Please let us know, so we can add them to our running list of favorites.
The next time you’re in Ashland, stop by our office at 112 Vaughn Ave, Ashland, Wisconsin 54806, or call us at 715-682-7337 or send an email to jstricker54546(at)gmail(dotted)com.